Di2 Bike Building
Building a Di2 bike isn't all that hard, but every little bit helps. Over the years I've written several posts on Di2 bike building as well as little tips, tricks and installation guides. If you're missing anything however, just send me a message.
Whether you're building a road bike, MTB, gravel bike or tandem doesn't really matter - they all require the same base components: a battery, electric wires, a junction box and a derailleur.
The most commonly used components are:
- EW-SD50 Electric Wire - for all Di2 series except EP8
- EW-SD300 Electric Wire - for EP8 series Di2 only
- BT-DN110 Internal Battery
- Junction A: EW-RS910 handlebar / frame or SM-EW90-A below-the-stem
- SM-BCR2 Battery Charger
For a list of all known Di2 Components, have a look at the component overview page.
Installing components on your bike
To help you choose and install your Di2 parts I've written these pages:
- Select your Di2 components - What parts do you need?
- How to determine Di2 wire lengths for your bike
- Di2 Installation Guides
- Where to find Shimano documentation (dealer manuals, specs, exploded views)
- Di2 Compatibility Guide - mix different series on the same bike
Although not directly related to building your own bike, these pages are good to read.